This privacy notice sets out how Live Ocean Foundation (Registered as Live Ocean Charitable Trust) (“we”, “us”, or “Live Ocean”) collect, use, and disclose information collected through your use of our website (the “Website”) and in any other interactions with you.
We may also collect, use and disclose information to the extent applicable law does not prohibit it.
What kind of Information do we collect?
- Information we collect may include personal information about you, including information about your:
- contact information (such as your address, email address and telephone number);
- computer or network;
- interactions with us; and
- billing or purchase information.
Collection of Information: The information collected by us may include personal information:
- provided by you through signing up to our Website or making a donation, or otherwise submitting information to us through the Website or at our contact details provided on the Website;
- relating to interactions and transactions you carry out on, or through, the Website;
- through tracking your use of the Website, including the content you access and any services you utilise and information collected through automated technology as further detailed below.
Consequences for failure to provide: You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to the Website or certain parts of the Website and you may not be able to make a donation.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies: As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our Website function correctly, helps us understand the needs of our users and may be used for the other purposes set out in this privacy notice. Examples of this information include:
- website related traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data;
- data related to your use of the Website. This includes the pages you visit, the resources and services that you access; the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, referring pages (pages you came from or go to) and statistical and other aggregated data derived from your use of the Website;
- information about your device, computer and network connection, including your IP address, operating system, hardware version and browser type; and
- if you allow our Website to deliver content based on your location (for example by enabling this feature on your mobile device) we may collect location data (such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals) including for the automated delivery of relevant content and advertising to you.
Social Media and APIs: Our Website include social media features such as the Facebook like button, twitter and widgets, the share button or interactive programs that run on our site. These features may collect your IP address, which pages you visit on our site, and how long for. If you’re a member of a social media site, the interfaces may allow the social media site to connect your visits to this site with other personal information. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the third party providing it and to the maximum extent permitted by law we accept no responsibility for the actions of those third parties.
Use of information: Your personal information may be used by us (and our employees, officers, agents, contractors and affiliates as defined below) for any purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise and for the following purposes:
- to communicate and connect with you, including via SMS, Whatsapp and/or chat;
- to record your interactions and relationship history with us;
- in order to process donations made via our Website, to provide donation receipts, and to thank donors for their donations;
- to thank donors for their donations and to keep supporters informed about upcoming fundraising initiatives and other activities of Live Ocean;
- to carry out marketing, promotional and publicity purposes including direct marketing, market research and surveys;
- to keep the Website relevant and of interest to users;
- to assist us in performing our functions and activities;
- to communicate and manage our relationships with stakeholders; and
- analysis in aggregate form (identifiable characteristics removed so that you will remain anonymous).
Information Sharing and Disclosure: We:
- may disclose information about you, to our affiliates (which means any person or other entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us) for the purposes set out in section 6 above;
- may disclose information about you, to our contractors, suppliers and other third parties for the purposes set out in section 6 above and to enable them to provide services to us and you, including Stripe, in order to process donations made via our Website, and Twilio, in order to connect with our supporters via SMS, Whatsapp and/or chat.
- reserve the right to disclose your personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, facilitate court proceedings or to protect our rights; and
- may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our affiliates, partners and advertisers.
Data Access and Correction: Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, or you have any questions about our privacy notice or any other matter, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by post at PO Box 46010, Auckland, 1147, New Zealand.
We remove all records on request, other than as required by applicable law (for example, we are required to retain donation records for at least seven years for tax purposes).
Commercial electronic messages: If you provide us with electronic contact details, you agree that we may send you commercial electronic messages (e.g. texts and emails) for any of the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
Changes in Privacy notice: We reserve the right to make changes to our privacy notice or alter our Website’s functionality. Any changes made will be updated in this privacy notice accordingly, so we encourage you to review the policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
This privacy notice was last updated on November 6, 2019.